We are living in difficult times. What estate planning documents should you have? It’s ever more important during these trying times that everyone have critical documents that meet their needs, and all existing estate planning documents should be reviewed to determine if updates are necessary.
Create an Emergency Envelope.
1. Have physical copies of key legal documents and other critical information prepared and available for an emergency.
2. Consider creating an envelope with copies of critical documents, such as a copy of your durable power of attorney, health care proxy, HIPAA release, and advance directive, to take with you should they have to go to the hospital.
3. The emergency envelope should have critical information such as:
– Emergency contact name, phone number and email.
– Detailed list of all known medical conditions.
– Detailed list of all medications.
– Detailed list of all vitamins and supplements
– Health insurance information